Allison West, M.D.
I chose a career in obstetrics and gynecology so I could take care of women and assist them through all the different stages of life. My relationship with patients often starts with that first visit to the gynecologist and then progresses to contraception and planning a pregnancy. Caring for patients through infertility or complications in pregnancy then moves on to annual exams and postmenopausal concerns like hormone replacement therapy or abnormal bleeding. It is wonderful to develop a personal relationship with patients and be a part of their life through all these new events. I think this relationship and the personal touch that I bring to communication about patients’ concerns makes this a rewarding and successful interaction for both me and my patients. I love this field of medicine because there’s variety, but also a focus on just women’s health. I particularly like caring for women during pregnancy, abnormal pap smear management, managing contraception, and laparoscopic gynecologic surgery.
In our free time, my husband and I delight in spending time with our daughters born in August 2009 and March 2011. We also enjoy biking and running at the Minneapolis lakes, eating out at great restaurants, and traveling the country and the world.
- Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology 2007
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (FACOG)
- Residency- University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis MN, 2006
- Doctor of Medicine- University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis MN, 2002
- Bachelor of Arts- Colgate University, Sociology, Magna Cum Laude 1996